Welcome to Slicer Package Manager’s documentation!¶
Slicer Package Manager includes a Girder plugin and a CLI allowing you
to manage Slicer packages for Slicer-based applications and associated extensions.
In a nutshell:
- Data model specific to this project is implemented by organizing data using standard Girder constructs (collection, folder and item) and by associating metadata.
- By default, a top-level collection named
Applicationsis created with a
packagesfolder organizing the different application.
- Each application folder contain a
draftfolder where unreleased packages are uploaded and one or multiple release folders (e.g 1.0, 2.0, …).
- Each release folder contain application packages (installers for the different platforms), and an
extensionsfolder containing a flat list of extension packages.
- Each extension packages is associated with metadata like application revision, extension revision, operating system and architecture…
The diagram below represents the organization:
Applications |--- packages | |----- Slicer | | |----- 1.0 | | | |---- Slicer-linux.tar.gz | | | |---- Slicer-macos.dmg | | | |---- Slicer-win.exe | | | |---- extensions | | | | |---- Extension1 | | | | |---- Extension2 | | | | |---- Extension3 | | | | |---- Extension4 . . . . . . . . | | |----- 2.0 . . . | . . . | | |----- draft | | | |--- r100 | | | | |---- Slicer-linux.tar.gz | | | | |---- Slicer-macos.dmg | | | | |---- Slicer-win.exe | | | | |----- extensions | | | | | |---- Extension1 . . . . . . . . . . | | | |--- r101 . . . . | . . | | | |------SlicerCustom
What is Girder?¶
Girder is a free and open source web-based data management platform developed by Kitware. What does that mean? Girder is both a standalone application and a platform for building new web services. To know more about Girder let’s take a look at the documentation.
What is a Slicer package?¶
A slicer package is just an installer package for a specific release of Slicer. There is a specific Slicer package for each different platform (Windows, MACOSX, Linux).
Table of Contents¶
- User Guide
- Commands shell